Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Here My Home Once Stood - A Holocaust Memoir

Here My Home Once Stood - A Holocaust Memoir

I got a letter last week from a good friend, Phil Shpilberg and, in an effort to help promote this amazing story and labor of love, I post this.

Dear Friends and Family,

In a week, my grandfather, Moyshe Rekhtman, will turn 80 years old. This coincides with the completion of my manuscript of his memoir, Here My Home Once Stood. For the past three years, I have passionately translated his Russian audio recordings, written and edited the story of his escape from two concentration camps and subsequent struggle to survive. As an almost blind 14-year-old, my grandfather refused to die in Nazi-occupied Ukraine, where 1.5 million other Jews perished.

I hope to publish this work soon. Until that time I would like to share excerpts of it with you via my blog

http://hmhos.blogspot.com/


If it moves you, please subscribe to the blog and tell others who may be interested. And of course, if you can help me connect with a publisher or agent, I would be grateful.

I hope that Here My Home Once Stood can, in some small way, stop future human suffering. Any proceeds from the project will go to that end.

Thank you,
Phil Shpilberg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!